Sunday, March 26, 2006

*blink*

It's been quite a wild ride to get here. My life has been changing so much, it's hard to keep up. The church I've attended for 13 years decided to oust the most recent pastor in a power struggle. It's ugly, it's unnecessary, and I'm looking for another home.

Funny, that's the resounding theme. My former blogging home was fantastic, and I don't fault my former hostess for a thing. I needed to go completely underground, which by definition means you don't leave a FW address. This is a clean slate for me, somewhat, and I intend to use it to post my thoughts and ramblings.

My job is the greatest, and I'm moving on in that arena into areas I've been hesistant to move into. This year, so far, is all about new territory to explore, new adventures to have. Some in small ways, and in other ways, I have a feeling, not so small.

So here's some of my goals for the year:
1) top of the list - shake the 30 pounds I put on from quitting smoking. Enough, already. Really.
2) stay active and keep that as a part of my life
3) find another church home and get involved. Involved meaning volunteering, and becoming a part of their community. Not because they need ME, because I need THEM. This will take some time.
4) Keep my life in balance. I took two grad level courses in addition to a 55-hour week job. Remind me not to do that again, please.
5) be the best person God will have me be. I used to say "be the best person I can be", but that implies effort on my part. I've recognized that I cannot, in and of my own efforts, be the person God wants me to be if I'm the one striving and sweating the whole while to "be" it, whatever "it" is. In and of my own efforts, I am not patient. I am not kind, gentle, thoughtful or considerate of others.

But God is. Furthermore, He promised me through His Word that every day he is "growing me up", faithful to finish the word He started in me in what feels like a lifetime ago. The sooner I let Him do it, the better.

What is scary for me is the sense of excitement of something being born in my life. Turning a corner, turning a page, something irrevocable has happened in the past month or so where the decisions I've made have been ones I've postponed for reasons unknown, and now that I've made decisions to "go forward", I feel like I'm hurtling forward to places in my life I've never been before. I know who holds the future, and each day I take baby steps into God's arms and know He'll catch me if I fall.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home